MADISON, Wis. - Senior forward Luke Fischer scored 17 points as top-ranked Germantown beat Mukwonago 57-28 Saturday to win its second straight WIAA Division 1 state championship.
After the Indians scored the game's first points, Germantown (28-0) went on a 15-2 run to take a lead it would never relinquish. The Warhawks punctuated the victory with a 20-6 edge in the fourth quarter.
Fischer was named the tournament's MVP. He scored 11 of his points in the first half, hit 8 of 10 shots for the game and added seven rebounds.
Mukwonago (23-4) was making its third state appearance and first since 1996. The Indians got nine points from Dominic Cizauskas but managed only four points in the third quarter and shot only 21 percent overall.
Fischer will play at Indiana next season.
- Australian Open: Andy Murray cruises into 4th round
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61