PITTSBURGH (AP) - Aramis Ramirez had an RBI groundout shortly after Jonathan Lucroy was awarded a double on fan interference and Yovani Gallardo outdueled spot-starter Jeff Locke as the Milwaukee Brewers beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 1-0 on Sunday.
Gallardo (4-4) gave up four hits and a walk over seven innings for Milwaukee. He struck out a season-high eight.
Locke (0-1) returned to the form that earned him a bid to the 2013 All-Star game, allowing three hits and a run in seven innings. He struck out five and walked three while pitching in place of Charlie Morton, whose start was pushed back a day.
The Pirates also placed right-hander Gerrit Cole on the 15-day disabled list.
Lucroy led off the seventh with a double, aided by fan interference. He advanced to second base on a fly to center field and scored on Ramirez's soft grounder to first base.
- Anderson takes no-hit bid into eighth in Brewers win
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Ryan Braun back on disabled list
- Petra Kvitova makes winning return at French Open after knife attack
- Maeda rallies Dodgers to 7-3 win over Cardinals
- Pina and Braun leave Brewers-Diamondbacks game