BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - Kevin "Yogi" Ferrell is not a typical freshman point guard.
He's running the show for the nation's No. 3 team, Indiana, and he's still growing into the job.
While Ferrell has played a big role in the Hoosiers' improved defense, last year's Mr. Basketball runner-up in Indiana is starting to show he can shoot the ball, too, and just in time for Wednesday night's showdown at Purdue. He's shooting 52 percent from the field over the past five games.
The game could feature as many as eight starters who played high school basketball in Indiana. But the main attraction will be between Ferrell and Ronnie Johnson, who are considered the state's two best point guards in the 2012 recruiting class.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job