PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks have acquired outfielder Tony Campana in a trade that sent right-handed pitchers Jesus Castillo and Erick Leal to the Chicago Cubs.
The 26-year-old Campana hit .264 with 30 stolen bases in 89 games with the Cubs last season. He was second in the NL with a stolen base percentage of 90.9 and was tied for third in bunt hits with eight. Campana played 184 games in two seasons with Chicago, hitting .262 with 11 RBIs and 54 steals.
Leal and Castillo are both 17-year-olds who signed as non-drafted free agents in 2011.
The Diamondbacks also placed right-hander Daniel Hudson on the 60-day disabled list. He had reconstructive elbow surgery last July.
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job