MESA, Ariz. - Johnny Cueto pitched six shutout innings in a smooth warmup for opening day and Todd Fraizer homered to send the Cincinnati Reds to an 11-1 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night.
Cubs starter Jeff Samardzija also had a good night in his final outing before the season opener. He gave up one run and five hits in five innings, striking out five.
Cueto had a hit in the third inning and scored on a double by Emmanuel Burriss.
Chicago closer Carlos Marmol had his worst outing of the spring and was booed by the crowd at HoHoKam Stadium. He allowed six runs -- four earned -- on four hits and a walk without getting an out, snapping his scoreless streak at 6 2-3 innings.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job