MILWAUKEE - Anthony Rizzo's two-run single in the fourth led the Chicago Cubs to a 5-3 win over the Milwaukee Brewers Wednesday night at Miller Park.
The Cubs took a 2-0 lead in the top of the second on a Darwin Barney RBI double and a run-scoring single by Luis Valbuena.
Aramis Ramirez hit his fifth home run of the season in the bottom of the second to cut the lead to 2-1.
The Cubs got that run back in the third on a solo homer by Ryan Sweeney, but Nori Aoki's RBI double got the Brewers back to 3-2.
Rizzo then came through with his two-run single to put the Cubs lead back to 5-2 in the fourth.
Ramirez drove in another run with a single in the Brewers' sixth, but that finished the scoring for the night.
Scott Feldman (7-6) got the win for the Cubs going six innings, allowing three runs.
Kevin Gregg gave up a homer to Juan Francisco in the ninth, but still picked up his 12th save of the season.
Yovani Gallardo (6-7) took the loss as he gave up five runs, three earned, in his four innings of work.
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway to ban smoking in grandstands
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB