MADISON, Wis. - Cuba City's undefeated season ended Thursday night at the Kohl Center, as the Cubans lost the Whitefish Bay Dominican for the second straight year in Madison.
Cuba City lost 55-47 to Dominican to end their season at 26-1.
Coach Jerry Petitgoue, in his 42nd season with the Cubans, made sure his team wasn't going to be intimidated, even though they didn't have any starter taller than 6 feet 3, and Dominican had a 6 foot 9 center in Diamond Stone.
The Cubans kept it close early, with Jason Derby hitting four three pointers. He had 12, and the Cubans led by 3 at the break.
But Dominican got a game high 19 points from Marquette recruit Duane Wilson to seal the victory.
- Reports: Larry Bird stepping down as Pacers president
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Bears trade up, take QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick