GREEN BAY - While his teammates are getting ready for their Monday Night Football showdown with archrival Chicago, Clay Matthews will be at the doctor's office.
The Green Bay Packers standout linebacker hasn't played since breaking his right thumb against Detroit on Oct. 6. He said Wednesday he will get the pins removed from the thumb on Monday.
He won't play against the Bears that night, but if he can return Nov. 10 against Philadelphia, he will have missed only four games.
The Packers take a four-game winning streak into Monday night's game at Lambeau Field, with three of those victories coming with their star defensive player sidelined
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame