MADISON - Bo and Kelly Ryan's Charity Stripe Challenge raised $41,279 for Coaches vs. Cancer Thursday at the Kohl Center.
Over 1,600 students came to the Kohl Center for a chance to shoot a free throw and a half-court shot.
The Ryans donated $1 per student, $10 for every made free throw and $1000 for every made half-court shot. Students made 36 half-court shots in the 4-hour event.
"I'm surprised and overwhelmed by the out-pouring from our students," Bo Ryan said. "It was just unbelievable, and all I can say is thank you."
"My wife and I did this event because we firmly believe that with enough funding, a cure for cancer will be found. We took this as another opportunity to have our team interact with the students and involve our campus in this event. What a fun time and for a great cause. I figure one of these half-court shots might be the difference in curing cancer."
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job