BOSTON - The Boston Celtics have signed former Madison Memorial and Marquette star Vander Blue to a 10-day contract. Blue confirmed the signing on his Twitter, saying "God is amazing! I am speechless right now. All it took was patience."
Last spring, Blue left Marquette before his senior season. He went undrafted in 2013.
In October, he was signed as a free agent by Philadelphia, before being released at the end of that month. He then played a stint in Israel. Most recently he played for Philadelphia's NBADL team, the Delaware 87ers.
Blue scored 35 points for the 87ers Monday night.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot