ASHWAUBENON - Neillsville's Jenny Lindner scored 33 points as the Warriors defeated Brodhead in a WIAA State Girls Basketball Division 3 semifinal, 51-43 in overtime at the Resch Center Friday afternoon.
Lindner set a tournament single-game record by hitting 18 of 19 free throws. Lindner, a UW-Milwaukee recruit, also had 11 rebounds.
Brodhead's Carly Mohns, a University of Iowa recruit, scored 10 points and had 13 rebounds. Meg Duffield led the Cardinals with 12 points.
Brodhead ends its season with a 26-1 record. Neillsville (27-0) moves on to play Kettle Moraine Lutheran in the State Division 3 championship game Saturday.
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame