MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee Brewers center fielder Carlos Gomez has been selected as a finalist for the Rawlings Gold Glove Award.
Gomez joins Pittsburgh's Andrew McCutchen and Washington's Denard Span as the three National League finalists.
Gomez had a career high 12 assists this season and also made five home run-saving catches.
The Brewers haven't had a Gold Glove winner in 30 years - the longest current streak in the major leagues.
Previous Brewers Gold Glove winners include George Scott (first base, 1972-76), Cecil Cooper (first base, 1979-80), Sixto Lezcano (outfield, 1979) and Robin Yount (shortstop, 1982).
- Magic Johnson named Lakers president of basketball operations
- Badgers fall five places in AP poll
- Warm weather forces Birkebeiner route changes
- Maryland reserve Cekovsky out after fracturing ankle against Wisconsin
- Wisconsin high school boys basketball poll
- Wisconsin girls high school basketball poll