YOKOHAMA, Japan - Free-agent outfielder Nyjer Morgan has signed with the Yokohama DeNA BayStars of Japan's Central League.
The team says the 32-year-old Morgan will join the BayStars on a one-year-deal worth $1.6 million.
Morgan has a .280 batting average, 130 RBIs and 117 stolen bases over six seasons in the major leagues with the Pittsburgh Pirates, Washington Nationals and Milwaukee Brewers. He hit .304 while helping Milwaukee win the National League Central in 2011, but slumped to .239 last season as the Brewers failed to make the playoffs.
The BayStars are expected to use Morgan as the No. 3 hitter in a batting order that also includes former major leaguers Alex Ramirez and Tony Blanco.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job