CHICAGO - Edwin Jackson pitched eight solid innings, David DeJesus drove in three runs and the Chicago Cubs beat the Milwaukee Brewers 6-1 on Wednesday night to salvage the finale of the four-game series.
Anthony Rizzo hit a two-run homer and Starlin Castro belted a solo shot as Chicago closed out a 14-13 July, its first winning calendar month since it went 15-10 last July.
Jackson allowed one run and eight hits in his longest outing of the season, staying in the game after a 66-minute rain delay in the sixth inning.
Jonathan Lucroy had two doubles for Milwaukee, driving in Rickie Weeks with a grounder down the first-base line in the eighth. Jeff Bianchi and Caleb Gindl also had two hits apiece.
- Kawhi Leonard scores 29 as Spurs put out Grizzlies
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB