MILWAUKEE - Rickie Weeks hit two homers and Kyle Lohse won his third game as the Milwaukee Brewers defeated the Chicago Cubs 9-3 at Miller Park Tuesday night.
The Cubs took a 3-1 lead as Nate Schierholtz hit a three-run homer off Lohse in the top of the third inning, but that was the end of the Cubs offense the rest of the night.
The Brewers scored five runs in the bottom of the fifth. Weeks started the rally with an RBI double. Caleb Gindl had a run scoring single, followed by Jean Segura's RBI double and a two-run single by Jonathan Lucroy.
Weeks hit a two-run homer in the sixth and a solo shot in the eighth.
Lohse (3-6) went seven innings allowing eight hits and three runs. Edwin Jackson (3-10) took the loss for the Cubs giving up six runs in four and two-thirds innings of work.
- Kawhi Leonard scores 29 as Spurs put out Grizzlies
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB