MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers place starting pitcher Yovani Gallardo on the 15-day disabled list with a left hamstring injury.
Gallardo has been bothered by a sore hamstring since before the All-Star break but in the fifth inning of yesterday's game against the Cubs at Wrigley Field, Gallardo tweaked the hamstring and took himself out of the game.
Two other Brewer pitchers have missed time this season with hamstring injuries. Marco Estrada has been on the disabled list since the first week of June and closer Jim Henderson missed two weeks with a similar injury in late May and early June.
Gallardo has an 8-9 record with a 4.91 earned run average in 23 starts.
- Despite late runs, Cardinals beat Brewers, 6-4
- Badgers fall to Wolverines in series finale
- Thomas scores 33, Celtics beat Bulls 104-95 to tie series
- Hicks, Fulmer and Tigers rout slumping Twins 13-4
- Bronson Arroyo goes 6 innings, leads Reds over Cubs 7-5
- Cabrera, Holland lead White Sox to 6-2 win over Indians