MILWAUKEE - Outfielder Carlos Gomez and the Milwaukee Brewers have agreed to a $28.3 million, four-year contract.
The 27-year-old outfielder would have been eligible for free agency after this season. He had agreed to a $4.3 million, one-year deal in January, and the new contract includes salaries of $7 million in 2014, $8 million in 2015 and $9 million in 2016.
Gomez hit .260 with 19 homers and 37 stolen bases in 137 games in 2012. He was one of only five players in the major leagues with at least 15 homers and 30 stolen bases, joining teammate Ryan Braun, Mike Trout of the Los Angeles Angels, B.J. Upton of the Tampa Bay Rays and Jimmy Rollins of the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot