MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers acquired third baseman Stephen Parker from the Oakland Athletics in exchange for right-handed pitcher Darren Byrd on Wednesday.
Over four seasons in the minors, the 25-year-old Parker has batted .277 with 43 home runs and 262 RBIs in 448 games. His best season was 2010, when he batted .296 with 21 homers and 98 RBIs in 139 games at Class-A Stockton.
The 26-year-old Byrd spent three seasons in the Brewers' farm system and appeared in one game this spring.
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job