MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Brewers have traded outfielder Norichika Aoki to the Kansas City Royals for left handed pitcher Will Smith.
Aoki hit .287 with 18 HR, 87 RBI and 50 stolen bases during his two seasons with the Brewers.
General Manager Doug Melvin said Smith was a player the Brewers have had their eye on for a couple of years. Smith went 2-1 with a 3.24 ERA with the Royals in 19 games in 2013.
The trade of Aoki opens the possibility of Ryan Braun moving from left field to right field next season for the Brewers.
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame