WASHINGTON - Juan Francisco's two-run double broke up a scoreless game in the top of the eighth as the Milwaukee Brewers defeated the Washington Nationals, 4-0 Tuesday night in Washington.
Francisco lined a shot to the gap in right center field to score Logan Schafer and Rickie Weeks to give the Brewers a 2-0 lead.
Martin Maldonado followed with a run scoring double and Jeff Bianchi's RBI single capped the four run inning.
Wily Peralta started for the Brewers and allowed just three hits into the sixth inning but left the game with a strained left hamstring.
Jim Henderson (3-2) got the win in relief. Drew Storen (2-2) got the loss for Washington.
- Reports: Larry Bird stepping down as Pacers president
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Bears trade up, take QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick