MILWAUKEE (AP) - Kyle Lohse allowed only three hits and Ryan Braun had a two-run homer to lead the Milwaukee Brewers to a 9-0 rout of the Chicago Cubs on Sunday.
Milwaukee pounded Cubs ace Jeff Samardzija (1-5) for eight earned runs in three innings, raising his ERA from 1.68 to 2.54.
Braun homered to left on the first pitch he saw from Samardzija, and the Brewers rolled from there with Samardzija having trouble locating his fastball. Lyle Overbay broke the game open with a three-run double in the third.
Lohse's RBI single drove in Overbay to make it 8-0 for the pitcher's second run-scoring hit of the game. Lohse (7-1) struck out six in Milwaukee's first complete game shutout this season.
- Reports: Larry Bird stepping down as Pacers president
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Bears trade up, take QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick