MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Wily Peralta tossed a three-hitter for his first career shutout and Logan Schafer hit his first homer, a two-run shot that helped the Milwaukee Brewers to a 2-0 victory over the Cincinnati Reds on Tuesday night.
Peralta (6-9), whose start was pushed back from Sunday to give his aching left hamstring a couple extra days of rest, struck out six and walked four for his first complete game. It also was the Brewers' first shutout and complete game of the season.
Tony Cingrani (3-1), was almost as effective as Peralta, allowing only two singles and Schafer's home run, striking out 10 and walking two in seven innings.
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame