MARYVALE, AZ - Rickie Weeks had an RBI triple off Hyun-Jim Ryu after Zack Greinke was scratched from his start Monday because of elbow inflammation, and the Milwaukee Brewers beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 3-2.
The Dodgers said Greinke was examined by Dr. Neal ElAttrache and that an MRI in Arizona last week showed no structural damage.
The 2009 AL Cy Young Award winner, signed to a $147 million, six-year contract in December as a free agent, received an injection of platelet-rich plasma and anti-inflammatory medication.
The Dodgers said the right-hander will rest for two to three days and then go on a progressive throwing program.
Mike Fiers pitched out of jams in the second and third innings for Milwaukee. Fiers allowed two unearned runs in four innings, while giving up six hits.
- Australian Open 2017: No shirt sponsor but big wins for Dan Evans
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job