MILWAUKEE - One slugger back, one slugger down for the Milwaukee Brewers.
Outfielder Ryan Braun has been activated from the 15-day disabled list after being sidelined with a right oblique strain. He was available for Tuesday night's game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Third baseman Aramis Ramirez was placed on the disabled list with a strained left hamstring. He got hurt fielding a bouncer in Saturday night's 5-4 win over the Yankees.
Milwaukee on Tuesday also optioned outfielder Caleb Gindl back to Triple-A Nashville and recalled utilityman Elian Herrera, who was batting .359 in the minors.
Herrera's versatility should help if outfielder Carlos Gomez has to begin a suspension this week for his role in a benches-clearing scrum against the Pirates in April.
Milwaukee expected to hear soon from the National League about Gomez's appeal.
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job