Green Bay Notre Dame's Brett Gruber scored his third goal in over time to give No. 1 Green Bay a 5-4 win over No. 3 Verona in a huge non conference match up at the Resch Center.
The Wildcats led 4-3 with 5:48 to play but they gave up two goals. The Tritions scored very late in the eight minute overtime.
Five goals were scored in the third period. Goals from Verona's Harry Seid and Philippe Fromberger gave Verona the 4-2 lead.
This was a match up of the No. 1 and No. 3 teams in the state for Boys hockey.
Verona upset Green Bay in the state semi-finals last year. The Wildcats were state runners up in 2013.
- Australian Open: Andy Murray cruises into 4th round
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61