LAKE FOREST, Ill. - The Chicago Bears might be rooting louder for Green Bay than even the most loyal Packers fans this week.
They need an assist from their biggest rivals.
The Bears (9-6) kept themselves in playoff contention with a 28-13 victory at Arizona on Sunday. Now they must win at Detroit this week, and that's just the start.
Coach Lovie Smith acknowledges it's "not an ideal situation."
He's banking on 10 wins being enough to get to the playoffs, and it will be if they take out the Lions and the Packers beat or tie Minnesota later in the day. Chicago would also get in with a tie if Green Bay beats the Vikings.
Depth at running back and safety is a concern after Matt Forte (right ankle) and Chris Conte (pulled hamstring) were injured on Sunday.
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot