MADISON - The UW club baseball team is keeping the sport alive on campus.
Each week, the team practices at the Stock Pavilion and plays home games at fields around the area.
Baseball was eliminated as a Big Ten sport at Wisconsin in 1991, but the club team is keeping baseball going at UW.
"Wisconsin does have a baseball team," says club president-elect Billy Calawerts. "I tell people that all the time. I play baseball at Wisconsin. A lot of people don't know we have a team."
The Badger club team took a spring training tour to play in Florida and goes through fund raising and grant applications and makes all of its own travel arrangements.
- Australian Open: Andy Murray cruises into 4th round
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61