MADISON, Wis. - Terrance Banyard scored 22 points and Sarion McGee had a double-double as Milwaukee Destiny defeated Darlington 76-55 to claim the WIAA Division 4 boys basketball championship on Saturday.
The Eagles (25-1) closed the game on a 21-2 run after the Redbirds (27-1) had narrowed a double-digit gap to just two points.
McGee had 14 points and 14 rebounds for the Eagles. Diovonte Caldwell added 14 points.
Destiny took command with an 11-0 run in the first half. An alley-oop to Banyard and a 3-pointer by Romaine Robinson capped the spurt that gave the Eagles a 25-11 lead.
Darlington slowly fought back, pulling to within 55-53 on Ryan Glendenning's 3-pointer with 5:35 left. But the Redbirds didn't make another field goal, missing their last nine shots from the floor while turning the ball over five times in the final minutes.
Will Schwartz led Darlington with 18 points and 10 rebounds, while Glendenning added 16 points.
- Djokovic starts French Open defense with Agassi by his side
- Bryant smacks 2 HRs to back Arrieta; Cubs rout Brewers 13-6
- Badgers fall short in NCAA Regional Championship
- Bradley's 3-pointer gives Celtics 111-108 win over Cavs
- Brewers 1B Eric Thames leaves Cubs game with leg cramping
- Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun activated from 10-day DL