MADISON, Wis. - Terrance Banyard scored 22 points and Sarion McGee had a double-double as Milwaukee Destiny defeated Darlington 76-55 to claim the WIAA Division 4 boys basketball championship on Saturday.
The Eagles (25-1) closed the game on a 21-2 run after the Redbirds (27-1) had narrowed a double-digit gap to just two points.
McGee had 14 points and 14 rebounds for the Eagles. Diovonte Caldwell added 14 points.
Destiny took command with an 11-0 run in the first half. An alley-oop to Banyard and a 3-pointer by Romaine Robinson capped the spurt that gave the Eagles a 25-11 lead.
Darlington slowly fought back, pulling to within 55-53 on Ryan Glendenning's 3-pointer with 5:35 left. But the Redbirds didn't make another field goal, missing their last nine shots from the floor while turning the ball over five times in the final minutes.
Will Schwartz led Darlington with 18 points and 10 rebounds, while Glendenning added 16 points.
- Women's national team voting on deal with USA Hockey
- Bud Selig to throw 1st pitch at Brewers opener
- Brewers season preview: Quantity if not quality
- Twins season preview: Little change on field
- NHL roundup: Lightning rally past Blackhawks in OT
- Nebraska's Jessica Shepard announces her intent to transfer