For the first time since 2005, Wisconsin Badgers Volleyball is headed to the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament.
Wisconsin defeated Florida State Friday 3-1 in Champaign, Ill. Ellen Chapman led all players with 20 kills. Dominique Thompson pitched in with a career high 19 kills. Deme Morales finished with 12 kills and 16 digs.
Wisconsin heads to their first regional final since 2005. They are 1-4 all-time in regional final games, with their lone win coming in 2000, when the team finished as national runners-up.
Wisconsin plays Purdue Saturday at 5:30 p.m. in Champaign.
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot