MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. - After beating Louisville 3-0 Friday night in Minneapolis, Wisconsin ousted Notre Dame in straight sets 25-16, 25-15, 25-16 Saturday. With the win, UW begins the season with a perfect 2-0 record.
In the first set, the Badgers recorded four blocks and took 9-1 lead. Wisconsin cruised to a 25-16 win in the first set.
In the second set, Notre Dame took a 2-1 lead, marking the first time Wisconsin's trailed in 2014. It didn't last long. After two 3-0 runs, Wisconsin took a 12-6 lead and cruised 25-15.
In the final set, Wisconsin went to its bench. Freshman Kelli Bates spearheaded the effort with an ace and a kill. UW won the set 25-16.
Wisconsin played 14 of their 15 players in the match.
- Anderson takes no-hit bid into eighth in Brewers win
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Ryan Braun back on disabled list
- Petra Kvitova makes winning return at French Open after knife attack
- Maeda rallies Dodgers to 7-3 win over Cardinals
- Pina and Braun leave Brewers-Diamondbacks game