CINCINNATI, Ohio - The Wisconsin men's hockey team's season came to an end Friday night in Cincinnati. In the first round of the NCAA Tournament, North Dakota beat the Badgers 5-2 to move on to the second round.
The Badgers played from behind all game. In the first period, UND took the early lead on a Michael Parks goal. Later in the first, the Badgers Jedd Soleway tied things up on a top shelf wrister.
In the second period, UND reclaimed the lead when Rocco Gimaldi scored to put the Badgers in a 2-1 hole heading into the third period.
In the third, Tyler Barnes scored for the Badgers to make it 2-2. From there, it was all UND. They scored 3 unanswered goals, including two empty netters to win 5-2.
UND plays Ferris State Saturday.
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot