MADISON, Wis. - The trip to Houston is finally here for the Wisconsin Badgers.
After a morning practice, the team departed for Houston Thursday. Before the trip, Gary Andersen stressed the importance of adapting to whatever is thrown at them as they open their season Saturday against LSU.
"You need to be flexible and adjustable on the road and take care of business."
Despite questions surround the Badgers on both sides of the ball, Andersen seems to think his team has a chance to win Saturday.
"I like this team. I like the way they carry themselves."
Andersen compared the 12 weeks of the season to a 12 round boxing match.
"We're guaranteed a 12 round fight. We're fight like crazy in round one and see what happens."
LSU and Wisconsin kick off Saturday at 8 p.m.
- Australian Open: Andy Murray cruises into 4th round
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61