MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin police removed 131 fans from this weekend's football game between the Badgers and Texas-El Paso.
Sgt. Brent Gruber says most of the ejections -- 89 -- were related to fans sitting in the student section without student tickets.
Gruber says in a statement that police acted after receiving complaints during the first two home games of the year from students who were unable to sit because non-students were crowding their section.
In all, the Wisconsin State Journal reports, 22 people were cited for a variety of offenses, including 17 for underage drinking.
- Davis scores big in NBA All-Star Game
- McGrady, Webber, Hardaway, Moncrief among 14 basketball HOF finalists
- No. 11 Wisconsin beat No. 23 Maryland, 71-60
- Another shootout for No. 1 Wisconsin and No. 4 Minnesota
- No. 1 Badgers skate to 1-1 tie with No. 4 Golden Gophers
- Wisconsin women beat Scarlet Knights, 53-41