MADISON, Wis. - Monday night at Overture Center in Madison, UW student-athletes traded their uniforms for their best dress as "The Buckinghams" program honored the top performances in the classroom.
Eight Badgers were recognized for 4.0 grade point averages.
Swimmer Michael Weiss was named the male athlete of the year, while track star Dorcas Akinniyi received recognition as the female athlete of the year.
The team community service winners were men's wrestling and women's swimming.
The program was also highlighted by athletes performing everything from opera to country to tap dancing.
Men's hockey players Jake McCabe and Morgan Zulinick performed a moving ballad, while women's hockey player Katy Josephs was impressive on a piano selection.UW athletes honored at 'The Buckinghams'
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway to ban smoking in grandstands
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB