MADISON, Wis. - Number four North Dakota came into LaBahn Arena underdogs. After all, the Badger women came in ranked second and hadn't lost a game since Oct. 12. UND didn't blink. They beat the Badgers 4-1.
With UW down 1-0 in the first period, Kelly Jaminski scored to knot things up at 1-1.
In the second period, UND took over. Susana Tapani and Layla Marvin both scored to make it 3-1. It was the first time this year the Badgers gave up more than two goals in a game. UND outshot Wisconsin 36-21.
The loss marks the Badgers' first home loss of the season and the first loss for goaltender Ann-Renée Desbiens . The teams play again Sunday at 3 p.m.
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers