MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin appears well-stocked to keep churning out rushing yards despite a major overhaul.
Gary Andersen is the new coach, replacing Bret Bielema. Record-setting tailback Montee Ball is taking handoffs now in Denver Broncos' training camp.
It will be up to senior James White and sophomore Melvin Gordon to carry on in the backfield in Madison, where the No. 23 Badgers hope to extend their streak of three straight Rose Bowl appearances.
White and Gordon were overshadowed by Ball, who set an NCAA record with 83 career touchdowns.
Now the pair hopes to capitalize on the opportunity for more carries. Andersen has also installed a new wrinkle on offense by splitting the running backs out as receivers.
The Badgers open the season Aug. 31 against Massachusetts.
- Australian Open 2017: No shirt sponsor but big wins for Dan Evans
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job