MADISON - Sarah Wilhite had 12 kills to lead third-ranked Minnesota to a straight set win over top-ranked Wisconsin in a Big Ten volleyball match at the UW Fieldhouse Wednesday night.
The Gophers handed the Badgers their first conference loss winning 25-20, 25-18, 25-14.
Minnesota hit .323 while Wisconsin was only .050. The Gophers also had 14 blocks to the Badgers' three.
Kelli Bates led Wisconsin's offensive attack with 10 kills. Lauren Carlini had 28 assists and six digs.
- No. 11 Wisconsin beat No. 23 Maryland, 71-60
- Antetokounmpo can't bring All-Star team victory
- Michigan State's Harris out with season-ending knee injury
- Another shootout for No. 1 Wisconsin and No. 4 Minnesota
- Murphy, Minnesota outlast Michigan, 83-78
- Little change for local teams in AP boys basketball poll