MADISON, Wis. - Eriah Hayes scored twice on the power play and Matt Leitner had a goal and two assists to lead Minnesota State, Mankato to a 4-2 win over struggling Wisconsin in men's hockey Saturday.
Hayes had the last of the Mavericks' three first-period goals and added a second tally early in the third. Bryce Gervais also scored for MSUM (5-5-2, 3-5-0), which got 33 saves from goalie Stephon Williams.
Wisconsin (1-7-2, 1-5-2) outshot the Mavericks 35-29 but couldn't generate enough offense to keep from dropping to 0-4-0 at home.
Jake McCabe and Michael Mersch had goals for the Badgers.
Josh Rumpel had nine saves and was replaced by Landon Peterson for the final two periods. Peterson had 16 saves.
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job