MADISON, Wis. - Friday night at the Kohl Center, Badger Men's Hockey continued to dominate at home, beating Michigan State 5-2.
The Badgers fell into a 1-0 hole early in the first period when Lee Reimer fired a wrister that got passed Jorl Rumpel and put Sparty up 1-0. Moments later, Michael Mersch scored for Wisconsin to tie it 1-1 heading into the first intermission.
In the 2nd period, Nic Kerdiles' slap shot was off the mark, but it was Mersch who punched it in for his second goal of the night and his team-leading 18th of the season. Then, with time winding down in the second period, Wisconsin delivered the dagger to MSU. Kevin Schlulze fired a perfect pass to Mark Zengerle, who scored to make it 3-1.
The Badgers host the Spartans Saturday at 4 p.m.
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame