MADISON - Two Wisconsin Badger men's basketball players have been named Big Ten Players of the Week.
Center Frank Kaminsky and Nebraska's Terran Petteway are the co-players of the week and Badger forward Nigel Hayes is the freshman of the week for the second consecuteive time.
Kaminsky, a seven-footer from Lisle, IL, averaged 21 points and 8.5 rebounds a game in leading the Badgers to wins over Minnesota and Michgan. He had 25 points and 11 rebounds in the road win against the Wolverines Sunday.
He made 60 percent of his shots from the field and 92 percent from the free throw line (11 of 12).
It's the second time this season Kaminsky has won the Big Ten player of the week award.
Hayes is named the freshman of the week for the fourth time this season.
The 6-7 forward from Toledo, OH scored 15 points against Minnesota last Wednesday.
Hayes is second in the Big Ten in field goal shooting making 56.3 percent of his attempts.
- Australian Open: Andy Murray cruises into 4th round
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61