ATLANTA - The Atlanta Falcons have signed former Badger offensive lineman Gabe Carimi to a one-year contract.
Carimi, who went to Monona Grove High School before playing his college football at Wisconsin, has been battling knee problems since he was a first round draft pick of the Chicago Bears in 2011.
The Bears traded Carimi to Tampa Bay for a sixth-round draft pick and the Buccaneers released Carimi at the end of the 2013 season.
In Atlanta, he'll be reunited with Mike Tice who was Carimi's offensive line coach with the Bears. Tice is the new offensive line coach in Atlanta.
Tice's son, Nathan, was a quarterback at Wisconsin when Carimi was a Badger. Current Falcons center Peter Konz was also Carimi's teammate at Wisconsin.
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job