MADISON - The White Team defeated the Red Team 15-13 in the Blake Geoffrion Hockey Classic at LaBahn Arena on the UW Campus Friday night.
Former Badger hockey stars, many who play in the NHL, gathered to benefit the UW Heallth Burn Center.
Geoffrion's professional hockey career was cut short by a serious concussion in 2012, but wanted to give back to the community by inviting players like Ryan Suter, Adam Burish, Ryan McDonough and Derek Stepan to play in the exhibition game.
Current UW head coaches Mike Eaves and Mark Johnson were the head coaches for the game.
"I was lucky enough to be kinda put on a pedestal at at young age and I was able to develop my skills at hockey," said Geoffrion, " and I really want to give back and use that to my advantage and I kinda came across this as some way I could give back and help the Burn Center and the doctors there and who I had a pretty good relationship with." ..
- Anderson takes no-hit bid into eighth in Brewers win
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Ryan Braun back on disabled list
- Petra Kvitova makes winning return at French Open after knife attack
- Maeda rallies Dodgers to 7-3 win over Cardinals
- Pina and Braun leave Brewers-Diamondbacks game