MADISON - Wisconsin's Sam Dekker is named the Big Ten men's basketball Freshman of the Week.
Dekker scored 13 points and had four rebounds and three assists in just 24 minutes as the Badgers defeated 13th ranked Illinois at the Kohl Center Saturday,
Dekker is the Badgers' fourth leading scorer with 9.3 points per game and is also averaging 3.5 rebounds per contest.
He's the first Badger to win a weekly Big Ten honor this season.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job