PARK RIDGE, IL - Badger running back Corey Clement (Glassboro, NJ) is named the Big Ten football freshman of the week after his second straight 100-yard game to start the season.
Clement ran for 149 yards and two touchdowns in the Badgers' 48-0 win over Tennessee Tech Saturday at Camp Randall. Clement had just 13 carries for an average of 11.5 yards per carry..
He capped off his big day with a 75-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter.
Clement, James White and Melvin Gordon have all run for over 100 yards in both of the Badgers first two games of the season.
It's Clement's first career weekly Big Ten award and he's the first Badger to receive the Freshman of the Week award since White in November, 2010.
The Big Ten also announced Wisconsin's home football game against Purdue on September 21st will kick off at 2:30 pm and be televised by ABC.
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Davante Adams the latest Packer injury concern
- Late surge helps #17 Wisconsin beat Michigan
- Hinostroza rallies Blackhawks to 6-4 win over Avalanche
- Steelers' Brown apologizes for locker room video
- Rodgers appears on cover of Sports Illustrated