MADISON - Badgers Volleyball freshman Lauren Carlini received Big Ten Freshman of the Year honors Tuesday. Carlini is the third Badger to receive the honor, following Claudia Rodriguez in 2000, and Sherisa Livingston in 1999. Carlini was also the only Badger to receive All-Big Ten honors.
She's the first Badger to be named All-Big Ten since 2007.
In addition to Carlini, Hayleigh Nelson was named to the Big Ten All-Freshman team.
- Reports: Larry Bird stepping down as Pacers president
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Bears trade up, take QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick