MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema said he understands why a lot of people believe his Badgers don't deserve to be playing in the Big Ten championship game.
With Ohio State and Penn State ineligible because of NCAA sanctions, the Badgers will represent the Leaders Division against Legends champion Nebraska on Saturday in Indianapolis. The Badgers (7-5, 4-4) finished third in their division.
Bielema said Sunday that when the Badgers and 14th-ranked Cornhuskers (10-2, 7-1) take the field, "no one will care how the other team got there."
Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said he doesn't care if people think the game loses luster because teams ahead of Wisconsin aren't in Indianapolis.
The Badgers lost 30-27 in Lincoln on Sept. 29 after blowing a 17-point lead in the third quarter.
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job