MADISON, WI - Bret Bielema knows who's going to be his starting quarterback against UTEP Saturday morning at Camp Randall Stadium, but he won't say who.
Bielema said at his weekly Monday news conference, "We''ll make that decision as the week goes along.. We kind of have a game plan in mind already as coaches. Tonight, I'll sit down with the offense and go through tomorrow's practice In sitting down and planning."
"We sat down with all the QB's yesterday and you know I said, when that decision was made we had three guys we felt could win football games an that hasn't changed."
Starting quarterback Danny O'Brien was benched at halftime of the Badgers' 16-14 win over Utah State last Saturday. Joel Stave played the second half. Bielema says Curt Phillips is still in the mix to play quarterback this season.
- Ilie Nastase suspended from tennis after Fed Cup outbursts
- Despite late runs, Cardinals beat Brewers, 6-4
- Badgers fall to Wolverines in series finale
- Thomas scores 33, Celtics beat Bulls 104-95 to tie series
- Hicks, Fulmer and Tigers rout slumping Twins 13-4
- Bronson Arroyo goes 6 innings, leads Reds over Cubs 7-5