ST. PAUL - The Badger men's and women's hockey team had different results in their post season tournament games Friday.
The Wisconsin women's hockey team lost to Minnesota 5-3 in the NCAA Women's Frozen Four in Hamden, Connecticut.
Brittany Ammerman, Katy Josephs and Karley Sylvester all scored goals for the Badgers, but Minnesota had five different players score, including Rachel Bona's game winner in the third period.
Wisconsin finishes the season with a 28-8-2 overall record.
Minnesota will play Clarkson in the NCAA Women's national championship game Saturday.
Meanwhile, the Badger men's hockey team will play for the Big Ten Tournament championship Saturday night in St. Paul.
Wisconsin defeated Penn State 2-1 in the semfinals Friday afternoon as Michael Mersch scored both Badger goals.
The Badgers will play Ohio State in the conference tournament championship game Saturday night at 7 pm at Xcel Energy Center.
The Buckeyes defeated Minnesota 3-1 in the semifinals Friday night.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot