CHAMPAIGN, IL - Sam Dekker and Ben Brust scored 16 points apiece Tuesday and Wisconsin ended a two-game losing streak with a 75-63 win at Illinois.
Traevon Jackson and Nigel Hayes had 14 each for Wisconsin (18-5, 5-5 Big Ten).
The loss extended the misery for Illinois (13-10, 2-8). The Illini have lost eight straight. That streak started with a 95-70 blowout by the Badgers in Madison on Jan. 8.
Wisconsin's biggest edge was from 3-point range. The Badgers were 10 of 23. Illinois was just 4 of 10 on 3-pointers.
Four of Wisconsin's 3-pointers were Dekker's. They included a pair over the final three minutes that kept the Illini at arm's length.
The last of them made the score 66-57 with 2:38 to play and gave the Badgers a comfortable edge.
Rayvonte Rice led Illinois with 24 points and nine rebounds.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot