MADISON - The Wisconsin Badger men's basketball team will play St. John's in Sioux Falls, South Dakota November 8th.
They'll play the game at the $19-million Sanford Pentagon - a 3,250 seat arena opening this fall.
"In terms of locale, Wisconsin fans from around the Midwest will have the opportunity to travel to Sioux Falls and watch the game, and it just made sense for us in terms of intelligent travel for our team," said UW associate head coach, Greg Gard in a news release.
Bo Ryan and St. John's coach Steve Lavin have a long-standing relationship.
Kelby Krabbenhoft, the CEO of Sanford Health, is the father of former Badger basketball star, Joe Krabbenhoft. Joe is now the Badger men's basketball video coordinator and has lived in Sioux Falls for many years.
It'll be the first Division One college basketball game played at the new arena.
The Milwaukee Bucks and Minnesota Timberwolves are also scheduled to play an NBA pre-season game at the Sanford Pentagon in October.
- Australian Open: Andy Murray cruises into 4th round
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61